Fitness facilities of all types are moving toward re-opening dates.
FitnessDesignGroup recently conducted a survey to help operators gauge expectations and share our collective intention for floorplan and program modifications.
Survey results here reflect participation across an array of market segments including health clubs, boutique studios, university recreation centers, corporate wellness, multifamily housing, municipalities, private clubs and hotels across 40+ states.
- Of the programs and areas Operators intend to effect change post-COVID-19, the number one response was Hygiene Program Modification.
- 80% of Operators will look to effect change – and seek external guidance related to planning for simultaneous occupancy levels.
- 46% of Operators intend to consider the integration of Digital Training Guidance.
The top three types of Training Zones that Operators will look to increase forward include:
Functional Training (47%)
Recovery & Stretching (43%)
Strength Training (36%)
- The top Training Zones that Operators will look to decrease forward is Cardio (47%).
Programming that Operators plan to discontinue or decrease short term include:
Unrestricted access to all open floor equipment and accessory – 32%
Large Studio Format Training – 30%
Small Group Training – 10%
Personal Training – 7%
- 32% of Operators intend to enforce time limits on equipment
- 51% will open with the same amount of staff, 37% with less staff, and 11% with more staff.
Operators believe it will take the following time frame to increase facility attendance levels to pre-pandemic levels:
Greater than 6 months – 40%
2-6 months – 28%
Greater than 1 year – 27%
0 – 1 month – 3%
Never – 0
For assistance with Hygiene Protocol planning, floorplan adjustments and design, contact us. We are here to support.