AFP Partners with Apple to provide Full-Scale Upgrades of Corporate Health and Fitness Facilities
April 3, 2008 - AFP is proud to announce its work on behalf of global leaders in digital technology, computers and hand-held electronic devices, Apple, Inc. The project included full-scale upgrades of three separate Apple corporate health and fitness facilities, including the Bandley Fitness facility located within Apple’s global headquarters in Cupertino, Calif., a separate Cupertino-based off-site employee fitness center, as well as the corporate fitness facility within the company’s Elk Grove, Calif. office.
AFP’s Northern California representatives Chad Adams and Betsy Jasny served as Project Managers for this extensive opportunity. All three facilities were outfitted with the latest in entertainment-equipped cardio equipment (featuring personal viewing screens and i-pod docking stations) by Precor, Paramount’s SP line of strength-training equipment, as well as AFP dumbbells and accessories. AFP’s scope of services included layout and design, utilizing its proprietary Design3 three-dimensional rendering art, as well as extensive counsel on electrical and power requirements and the efficient placement of such for each facility. Compatibility of cardio equipment with Apple’s signature i-POD product was critical to this project.
A considerable hurdle along the way came midway through the project when Apple introduced its newest model of the i-POD. This version was not compatible to access i-POD video through the personal viewing systems selected for these facilities. However, with quick work, and strong collaboration between Apple, AFP, and screen supplier Precor, the entertainment experience was finally solidified. Precor adopted Apple’s next generation of industry leading technology which subsequently is now available to all facilities utilizing Precor’s latest line of cardio equipment.
- Apr 25, 2013: Alliance Residential’s ICIS Glendale Property Helps Redefine Local Landscape
- Apr 25, 2013: AFP Welcomes Back Michael Severance to its Northeast Management Team
- Apr 16, 2013: AFP Welcomes Peter Gubb to its Northeast Management Team
- Jan 15, 2013: Mega multifamily Shores project set to open Q1. AFP President-CEO Bryan Green featured in Media Q&A
- Nov 27, 2012: AFP participates in its 3rd collaborative design and refitting of prized mid-city property
- Oct 2, 2012: Mesa Partners unveils eco-savvy & LEED Certified student focused housing with The LOOP
- Sep 10, 2012: AFP assists the Boston Harbor Hotel with a fitness refresh at the award winning Spa at Rowes Wharf
- Aug 1, 2012: Hotel Nikko Completes Refresh of All Fitness Facility Equipment
- Jul 20, 2012: Hilton Los Cabos upgrades its award winning Spa & Fitness amenity
- Jun 23, 2012: AFP Educational Series – Spotlight on Kinesis
- Apr 2, 2012: Marquis Coeur d’Alene Resort Undergoes Substantial Renovation to the Delight of Guests
- Mar 8, 2012: Technogym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Partnership
- Feb 22, 2012: AFP Expands its Presence in New England with Fitness Industry Veteran Mike Benoit
- Jan 26, 2012: California State University, Northridge announces the opening of its new Student Recreation Center
- Oct 19, 2011: The Marriott Corporation unveils the newly renovated flagship property, the Long Beach Marriott
- Aug 31, 2011: CSULB Student Recreation and Wellness Center Anniversary
- Jul 27, 2011: Merage JCC Fitness Center, The Village @ Irvine Spectrum, & Park Newport are Best of Orange County
- Jun 9, 2011: AFP participates in Princess Cruises revitalization on the Grand Princess
- Mar 18, 2011: Total Gym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Alliance
- Feb 17, 2011: SKLZ Establishes Distribution and Brand Partnership with Advantage Fitness Products