AFP Partners with Apple to provide Full-Scale Upgrades of Corporate Health and Fitness Facilities
April 3, 2008 - AFP is proud to announce its work on behalf of global leaders in digital technology, computers and hand-held electronic devices, Apple, Inc. The project included full-scale upgrades of three separate Apple corporate health and fitness facilities, including the Bandley Fitness facility located within Apple’s global headquarters in Cupertino, Calif., a separate Cupertino-based off-site employee fitness center, as well as the corporate fitness facility within the company’s Elk Grove, Calif. office.
AFP’s Northern California representatives Chad Adams and Betsy Jasny served as Project Managers for this extensive opportunity. All three facilities were outfitted with the latest in entertainment-equipped cardio equipment (featuring personal viewing screens and i-pod docking stations) by Precor, Paramount’s SP line of strength-training equipment, as well as AFP dumbbells and accessories. AFP’s scope of services included layout and design, utilizing its proprietary Design3 three-dimensional rendering art, as well as extensive counsel on electrical and power requirements and the efficient placement of such for each facility. Compatibility of cardio equipment with Apple’s signature i-POD product was critical to this project.
A considerable hurdle along the way came midway through the project when Apple introduced its newest model of the i-POD. This version was not compatible to access i-POD video through the personal viewing systems selected for these facilities. However, with quick work, and strong collaboration between Apple, AFP, and screen supplier Precor, the entertainment experience was finally solidified. Precor adopted Apple’s next generation of industry leading technology which subsequently is now available to all facilities utilizing Precor’s latest line of cardio equipment.
- Nov 12, 2014: LA’s Leading Multifamily developer astounds with its Mid-City Wilshire La Brea Property
- Nov 5, 2014: The Brodsky Organization debuts decadent fitness amenity in new Manhattan penthouse tower
- Oct 29, 2014: NFC Infuses Manhattan’s First LEED-Certified Condos with Cutting Edge Fitness
- Oct 21, 2014: Woodruff Companies Makes Fitness a Top Priority for Residents
- Oct 6, 2014: AvalonBay Showcases Sophisticated Wellness Space In New Fairfax, VA Community
- Oct 1, 2014: Falcon Pacific Situates New Wellness Space in San Francisco’s Next Iconic Residence
- Sep 25, 2014: Caruso Affiliated Brings Wellness Inspired Living to Beverly Hills
- Sep 16, 2014: Irvine Company Integrates Dynamic Wellness Space in Newport Beach, CA
- Sep 9, 2014: Middle Georgia State College Opens Student Wellness and Recreation Center
- Sep 4, 2014: Lewis Apartment Communities Introduces New Recreational-Inspired Wellness Property
- Aug 14, 2014: Inspired Fitness Amenity Found at Broadstone Little Italy
- Aug 8, 2014: WTS International Drives Health and Community for Corporate Financial Giant
- Aug 4, 2014: Sydell Group Opens The Line Hotel Amidst LA’s Cultural Hub
- Jul 22, 2014: Essex Property Trust Strategically Redesigns Residential Fitness Amenity
- Jun 26, 2014: Essex Property & Trust Attracts Fitness-Focused Residents
- Jun 20, 2014: New Norwalk, CT Residential Development Takes the Stress Out of Fitness
- Jun 17, 2014: Prometheus REG Rejuvenates Cupertino Fitness Amenity
- May 28, 2014: BRE®’s Newly Unveiled Sunnyvale Community Presents Stunning Living Space for Gen Y
- May 27, 2014: Stony Brook Commons Competes with Boston’s Top Urban Developments
- May 20, 2014: Wellness Encapsulates Irvine Company’s Santa Clara Gateway Project