AFP Helps Strengthen San Francisco’s Fire Department with Revamped Fitness Facilities
AFP Awarded County-Wide Project for Upgraded Fitness Centers in Response to Revised National Fitness Standards
SAN FRANCISCO – March 25, 2009 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), a leading provider of full-service fitness facility planning, design, supply and service, has recently completed work on behalf of the city and county of San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD). AFP supplied specialized equipment and provided training support helping the department meet the revised International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) fitness protocol.
The IAFF’s revised protocol recommended new standards for all in-house fitness facilities to ensure they are more up-to-date and maintained. With a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), SFFD chose AFP out of four competing providers, and publically awarded the $500,000 project to enhance its existing facilities throughout the county. In total, 47 fire stations and SFFD administrative sites in San Francisco received fitness equipment as well as the Department headquarters.
“We take great pride in the work we provide for municipalities and departments of public service, particularly with the brave men and women that risk their lives every day protect us, our cities and our homes,” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “Health & Fitness directly impacts the quality of all of our lives, but for these brave individuals, it’s is a matter of life and death every day.”
“AFP is working closely with our Health and Fitness Coordinator and our Fitness Trainers to ensure that the equipment meets their needs,” said San Francisco Fire Department spokesperson, Mindy Talmadge. “We are looking forward to raising the awareness of our members to the importance of their physical well-being and of supporting their continued efforts in making their good health a priority.”
Each of the SFFD houses’ old equipment was replaced by state-of-the-art equipment from leading manufacturers Precor and Paramount. The 47 stations received a variety of top products including Precor EFX ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stair climbers, power rack benches, weights and Paramount Functional Trainers. Over 350 pieces of equipment were supplied throughout the county.
In addition, AFP will provide a critical preventative maintenance program freeing the SFFD of the time-intensive and costly maintenance and repairs. The preventative maintenance program will maximizes the life of the equipment and the value of SFFDs overall investment.
Strengthening AFPs bid for this extensive project was its extensive experience serving municipal organizations, and more specifically, Fire Departments. In addition to AFP’s work with the SFFD, it has provided fitness equipment for all new Phoenix Fire Department (PFD) stations over a 5-year span. Since the recent housing boom in Phoenix, more than 50 stations are being built throughout the county, with AFP participating in the development of uniform fitness centers for each of them. The PFD is widely recognized as one of the nations’ most physically fit Departments. Each year AFP participates as a sponsor as PFD hosts an extensive trade show for departments around the country to attend.
- Oct 11, 2013: AFP Welcomes Danielle Bogaty to its Team as a Director of Business Development
- Aug 16, 2013: CSULB Rec adds exciting new dimension to award winning Wellness Center
- Jul 31, 2013: Avalon Irvine II Enhances the Extensive Lineup of Avalon Bay Communities’ Premiere Properties
- Apr 25, 2013: Alliance Residential’s ICIS Glendale Property Helps Redefine Local Landscape
- Apr 25, 2013: AFP Welcomes Back Michael Severance to its Northeast Management Team
- Apr 16, 2013: AFP Welcomes Peter Gubb to its Northeast Management Team
- Jan 15, 2013: Mega multifamily Shores project set to open Q1. AFP President-CEO Bryan Green featured in Media Q&A
- Nov 27, 2012: AFP participates in its 3rd collaborative design and refitting of prized mid-city property
- Oct 2, 2012: Mesa Partners unveils eco-savvy & LEED Certified student focused housing with The LOOP
- Sep 10, 2012: AFP assists the Boston Harbor Hotel with a fitness refresh at the award winning Spa at Rowes Wharf
- Aug 1, 2012: Hotel Nikko Completes Refresh of All Fitness Facility Equipment
- Jul 20, 2012: Hilton Los Cabos upgrades its award winning Spa & Fitness amenity
- Jun 23, 2012: AFP Educational Series – Spotlight on Kinesis
- Apr 2, 2012: Marquis Coeur d’Alene Resort Undergoes Substantial Renovation to the Delight of Guests
- Mar 8, 2012: Technogym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Partnership
- Feb 22, 2012: AFP Expands its Presence in New England with Fitness Industry Veteran Mike Benoit
- Jan 26, 2012: California State University, Northridge announces the opening of its new Student Recreation Center
- Oct 19, 2011: The Marriott Corporation unveils the newly renovated flagship property, the Long Beach Marriott
- Aug 31, 2011: CSULB Student Recreation and Wellness Center Anniversary
- Jul 27, 2011: Merage JCC Fitness Center, The Village @ Irvine Spectrum, & Park Newport are Best of Orange County