AFP Brings Exclusive Corporate Fitness Center to Times Square
CB Richard Ellis’ Premier Property – 1540 Broadway – Marquee Tenants Viacom, MTV And Others Benefit From World Class Fitness Amenity
NEW YORK – May 3, 2010 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), a leading provider of full-service fitness facility planning, design, supply and service, recently completed a successful and highly appointed installation on behalf of global real estate investment management firm CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) for its first New York City property at 1540 Broadway. Building tenants include the likes of Viacom, MTV, BET Networks and Pillsbury among others.
The new fitness facility stands out amongst New York City’s vast number of corporate properties with its exceptional integration of top of the line equipment, entertainment integration, and functional space dedication. CB Richard Ellis chose the fitness amenity as a distinguishing opportunity to set its marquee NYC property apart from competitors. AFP was retained to develop a five-star wellness complement within the skyscraper that would be available to building occupants as a based amenity of their tenancy. Corporate fitness facilities have proven to be a significant asset to property owners in terms of both retention and justification of higher lease rates from tenants. Demand for such has been driven by the growth of wellness integration into the American corporate workplace and lifestyles changes of their employees.
“Corporate fitness facilities are no longer being viewed as merely a “perk” purely for employee benefit, but rather as an important business tool by the employer for a variety of reasons,” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “A significant series of benefits such as reduced absenteeism, increased productivity and employee morale, and a positive impact on health insurance premiums are making the integration of an offering in wellness an attractive proposition. Property developers and management firms too have recognized this trend, and industry leaders such as CBRE are building fantastic offerings in fitness.”
AFP and CBRE’s construction team worked closely in the planning and development phases of the project to ensure the facility’s layout would be well equipped to support the projected use by three to four hundred private members. Extensive wiring and electrical placement were critical to support the entertainment and visual experience of the center. Installation of fitness manufacturer Precor’s new line of Experience series cardiovascular and strength equipment were specified by AFP and provide personal viewing screens at each station. The facility also features free-weight products and a host of specialized training aids and accessories. In addition, men’s and women’s locker rooms and a devoted massage area are at the disposal of the membership.
“Working with AFP was a real pleasure. Their team of experts were professional, knowledgeable and reliable,” said Arlene Johannets, assistant real estate manager, CBRE. “We highly recommend them for their quality products and their superior customer service.”
1540 Broadway is the latest in a lineup of corporate based fitness facility installations that AFP has completed for leading clients such as Apple, Qualcomm, MSN, Warner Bros, Visa, Sony, and 20th Century Fox.
- Feb 11, 2014: The Proehlific Club at Forest Oaks Scores Hole in One with AFP-Designed Fitness Center
- Jan 16, 2014: The Hesby Raises Bar on Residential Fitness Amenities
- Dec 4, 2013: AFP Welcomes Heather Lynn to its Team as a Director of Marketing and Communications
- Oct 11, 2013: AFP Welcomes Danielle Bogaty to its Team as a Director of Business Development
- Aug 16, 2013: CSULB Rec adds exciting new dimension to award winning Wellness Center
- Jul 31, 2013: Avalon Irvine II Enhances the Extensive Lineup of Avalon Bay Communities’ Premiere Properties
- Apr 25, 2013: Alliance Residential’s ICIS Glendale Property Helps Redefine Local Landscape
- Apr 25, 2013: AFP Welcomes Back Michael Severance to its Northeast Management Team
- Apr 16, 2013: AFP Welcomes Peter Gubb to its Northeast Management Team
- Jan 15, 2013: Mega multifamily Shores project set to open Q1. AFP President-CEO Bryan Green featured in Media Q&A
- Nov 27, 2012: AFP participates in its 3rd collaborative design and refitting of prized mid-city property
- Oct 2, 2012: Mesa Partners unveils eco-savvy & LEED Certified student focused housing with The LOOP
- Sep 10, 2012: AFP assists the Boston Harbor Hotel with a fitness refresh at the award winning Spa at Rowes Wharf
- Aug 1, 2012: Hotel Nikko Completes Refresh of All Fitness Facility Equipment
- Jul 20, 2012: Hilton Los Cabos upgrades its award winning Spa & Fitness amenity
- Jun 23, 2012: AFP Educational Series – Spotlight on Kinesis
- Apr 2, 2012: Marquis Coeur d’Alene Resort Undergoes Substantial Renovation to the Delight of Guests
- Mar 8, 2012: Technogym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Partnership
- Feb 22, 2012: AFP Expands its Presence in New England with Fitness Industry Veteran Mike Benoit
- Jan 26, 2012: California State University, Northridge announces the opening of its new Student Recreation Center