AFP Brings Exclusive Corporate Fitness Center to Times Square
CB Richard Ellis’ Premier Property – 1540 Broadway – Marquee Tenants Viacom, MTV And Others Benefit From World Class Fitness Amenity
NEW YORK – May 3, 2010 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), a leading provider of full-service fitness facility planning, design, supply and service, recently completed a successful and highly appointed installation on behalf of global real estate investment management firm CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) for its first New York City property at 1540 Broadway. Building tenants include the likes of Viacom, MTV, BET Networks and Pillsbury among others.
The new fitness facility stands out amongst New York City’s vast number of corporate properties with its exceptional integration of top of the line equipment, entertainment integration, and functional space dedication. CB Richard Ellis chose the fitness amenity as a distinguishing opportunity to set its marquee NYC property apart from competitors. AFP was retained to develop a five-star wellness complement within the skyscraper that would be available to building occupants as a based amenity of their tenancy. Corporate fitness facilities have proven to be a significant asset to property owners in terms of both retention and justification of higher lease rates from tenants. Demand for such has been driven by the growth of wellness integration into the American corporate workplace and lifestyles changes of their employees.
“Corporate fitness facilities are no longer being viewed as merely a “perk” purely for employee benefit, but rather as an important business tool by the employer for a variety of reasons,” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “A significant series of benefits such as reduced absenteeism, increased productivity and employee morale, and a positive impact on health insurance premiums are making the integration of an offering in wellness an attractive proposition. Property developers and management firms too have recognized this trend, and industry leaders such as CBRE are building fantastic offerings in fitness.”
AFP and CBRE’s construction team worked closely in the planning and development phases of the project to ensure the facility’s layout would be well equipped to support the projected use by three to four hundred private members. Extensive wiring and electrical placement were critical to support the entertainment and visual experience of the center. Installation of fitness manufacturer Precor’s new line of Experience series cardiovascular and strength equipment were specified by AFP and provide personal viewing screens at each station. The facility also features free-weight products and a host of specialized training aids and accessories. In addition, men’s and women’s locker rooms and a devoted massage area are at the disposal of the membership.
“Working with AFP was a real pleasure. Their team of experts were professional, knowledgeable and reliable,” said Arlene Johannets, assistant real estate manager, CBRE. “We highly recommend them for their quality products and their superior customer service.”
1540 Broadway is the latest in a lineup of corporate based fitness facility installations that AFP has completed for leading clients such as Apple, Qualcomm, MSN, Warner Bros, Visa, Sony, and 20th Century Fox.
- Dec 4, 2014: L&M Development Partners Features Engaging Fitness Amenity in New 41-Story Rental
- Nov 12, 2014: LA’s Leading Multifamily developer astounds with its Mid-City Wilshire La Brea Property
- Nov 5, 2014: The Brodsky Organization debuts decadent fitness amenity in new Manhattan penthouse tower
- Oct 29, 2014: NFC Infuses Manhattan’s First LEED-Certified Condos with Cutting Edge Fitness
- Oct 21, 2014: Woodruff Companies Makes Fitness a Top Priority for Residents
- Oct 6, 2014: AvalonBay Showcases Sophisticated Wellness Space In New Fairfax, VA Community
- Oct 1, 2014: Falcon Pacific Situates New Wellness Space in San Francisco’s Next Iconic Residence
- Sep 25, 2014: Caruso Affiliated Brings Wellness Inspired Living to Beverly Hills
- Sep 16, 2014: Irvine Company Integrates Dynamic Wellness Space in Newport Beach, CA
- Sep 9, 2014: Middle Georgia State College Opens Student Wellness and Recreation Center
- Sep 4, 2014: Lewis Apartment Communities Introduces New Recreational-Inspired Wellness Property
- Aug 14, 2014: Inspired Fitness Amenity Found at Broadstone Little Italy
- Aug 8, 2014: WTS International Drives Health and Community for Corporate Financial Giant
- Aug 4, 2014: Sydell Group Opens The Line Hotel Amidst LA’s Cultural Hub
- Jul 22, 2014: Essex Property Trust Strategically Redesigns Residential Fitness Amenity
- Jun 26, 2014: Essex Property & Trust Attracts Fitness-Focused Residents
- Jun 20, 2014: New Norwalk, CT Residential Development Takes the Stress Out of Fitness
- Jun 17, 2014: Prometheus REG Rejuvenates Cupertino Fitness Amenity
- May 28, 2014: BRE®’s Newly Unveiled Sunnyvale Community Presents Stunning Living Space for Gen Y
- May 27, 2014: Stony Brook Commons Competes with Boston’s Top Urban Developments