Advantage Fitness Products Revamps Arizona State University Student Recreation Complex
State-of-the-Art Precor Cardiovascular Equipment, Coupled With AFP’s Preventative Maintenance Contract Bring Significant Long Term Cost Benefits to ASU.
LOS ANGELES – January 15, 2009 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), the leading providers of full-service fitness business consulting, planning, design, supply and service, has recently completed work on behalf of Arizona State University (ASU). The project saw AFP deliver significant long-term cost savings to ASU, through a revamp of its existing Student Recreation Complex, located on campus.
ASU’s existing facility featured outdated exercise equipment, bearing significant wear and tear from extensive use over time. Most importantly, the increasing demand for maintenance and repairs had grown costly. With more than 6,000 visits a day from students, faculty, university staff and alumni, AFP’s successful revitalization efforts were critical and ultimately, very well received.
“Our approach in the design and supply of every fitness environment begins with a mindset fixed on practical and efficient solutions that create not only a high degree of user satisfaction, but a measureable cost-savings over the life of the facility,” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “ASU clearly represents one of the most committed and successful college student recreation programs in the country. Fundamentally, we focused on maximzing the university’s significant ongoing investment in fitness by implementing new proprietary equipment with a significantly lower degree of service requirement bolstered by a tailored preventative maintenance program, self diagnostic software, and our ongoing commitment to parts and technical service support from our local offices”.
Led by lead by Key Account Manager Nels Nelson, AFP set its sights on two critical areas: replacing the outdated cardiovascular equipment and outsourcing the ongoing maintenance and repair of the facility’s equipment to AFP Certified Technicians.
The old cardiovascular machines were replaced with state-of-the-art Precor “Experience Series” equipment, all featuring personal viewing screens for the user. The entertainment amenity was a major plus for the facility’s members, not to mention it now provides ASU an additional platform for advertising and promoting campus initiatives directly through the viewing screens.
The preventative maintenance component has proven just as valuable as it freed ASU of the time-intensive and costly ongoing maintenance and repairs, and put those challenges into AFP’s hands. This allowed ASU to gain the most out of its recent investment and ensures that its equipment will always be kept up-to-date and operating optimally.
“We are extremely pleased with the intensive care and service that AFP has shown us through every step of this process,” said Julie Kipper, Associate Director (ASU quote). “They were totally committed to making the experience for our students a huge success and have addressed our cost-conscious program requirements.”
The ASU Student Recreation facility project is the latest in a lineup of on-campus installations that AFP has successfully completed for leading University’s such as the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, UCLA Athletic Training Center, and USC’s Lyons Center student recreation facility.
- Apr 25, 2013: Alliance Residential’s ICIS Glendale Property Helps Redefine Local Landscape
- Apr 25, 2013: AFP Welcomes Back Michael Severance to its Northeast Management Team
- Apr 16, 2013: AFP Welcomes Peter Gubb to its Northeast Management Team
- Jan 15, 2013: Mega multifamily Shores project set to open Q1. AFP President-CEO Bryan Green featured in Media Q&A
- Nov 27, 2012: AFP participates in its 3rd collaborative design and refitting of prized mid-city property
- Oct 2, 2012: Mesa Partners unveils eco-savvy & LEED Certified student focused housing with The LOOP
- Sep 10, 2012: AFP assists the Boston Harbor Hotel with a fitness refresh at the award winning Spa at Rowes Wharf
- Aug 1, 2012: Hotel Nikko Completes Refresh of All Fitness Facility Equipment
- Jul 20, 2012: Hilton Los Cabos upgrades its award winning Spa & Fitness amenity
- Jun 23, 2012: AFP Educational Series – Spotlight on Kinesis
- Apr 2, 2012: Marquis Coeur d’Alene Resort Undergoes Substantial Renovation to the Delight of Guests
- Mar 8, 2012: Technogym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Partnership
- Feb 22, 2012: AFP Expands its Presence in New England with Fitness Industry Veteran Mike Benoit
- Jan 26, 2012: California State University, Northridge announces the opening of its new Student Recreation Center
- Oct 19, 2011: The Marriott Corporation unveils the newly renovated flagship property, the Long Beach Marriott
- Aug 31, 2011: CSULB Student Recreation and Wellness Center Anniversary
- Jul 27, 2011: Merage JCC Fitness Center, The Village @ Irvine Spectrum, & Park Newport are Best of Orange County
- Jun 9, 2011: AFP participates in Princess Cruises revitalization on the Grand Princess
- Mar 18, 2011: Total Gym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Alliance
- Feb 17, 2011: SKLZ Establishes Distribution and Brand Partnership with Advantage Fitness Products