Advantage Fitness Products Provides Cost-Saving Solutions to AIMCO
ORLANDO, Fla., – June 29, 2009 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), a leading provider of full-service fitness facility planning, design, supply and service, recently completed a successful project for one of the nation’s largest owners and operators of apartment communities, the Apartment Investment and Management Company (AIMCO), in Lake Mary, Fl. AIMCO tasked AFP with developing a top-of-the-line fitness center as part of the communities extensive remodeling project for the company’s premier South Florida facility, Sun Lake Apartments. The goal was to provide residents with a truly health club-quality environment to accommodate their day-to-day fitness and exercise needs.
AIMCO recently finished the 600-unit remodel for the Sun Lake Apartment community – the largest apartment community in Lake Mary, Florida. While the property has long provided tenants with a host of amenities, including the area’s largest private recreational lake; a private pier for boating, sailing, fishing and kayaking; outdoor pools, do it yourself grooming parlor for resident’s pets, and tennis and volleyball courts; it did not offer a devoted fitness environment. Therefore, the addition of the state-of-the-art fitness center marked a significant added value for Sun Lake tenants. AFP was tasked with full-scale responsibility of planning, designing and supplying the facility.
“Providing a high-quality fitness environment can pay significant dividends in the multi-dwelling business from several standpoints, including tenant satisfaction, reducing churn and even revenue generation.” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “We’re happy to provide a higher quality, yet cost-effective service to AIMCO that will positively affect tenant satisfaction and ultimately, AIMCO’s bottom line.”
Led by Key Account Manager, Carl Spera, AFP set its sights on two critical areas: cost savings solutions for AIMCO, and providing a contemporary, effective and relaxing fitness experience for residents to enjoy. While equipment selection was certainly important to creating a truly state-of-the-art fitness experience, design and layout were key elements in delivering the finished product AIMCO was seeking. AFP went with the industry-leading equipment from Precor and Paramount focusing on versatile equipment that would offer a wider variety of exercise options, while maximizing floor space. The layout plan was highlighted by the strategic placement of cardio equipment to capitalize on the gorgeous and relaxing lakefront view. An array of dumbbells and accessories such as resistance bands and stretching mats provided an added level of versatility to the fitness center. For the finishing touch, AFP focused on hygiene-friendly measures, including proper fitness flooring designed to minimize bacteria, equipment mats and disinfectant handy wipe dispensers.
“I was not only impressed with the quality of equipment supplied by Advantage Fitness Products, but the customer service was exceptional,” said Doug Leonard, AIMCO Sun Lake project manager.
The South Florida Sun Lake Apartments project is the latest in an extensive line-up of apartment community fitness center installations that AFP has successfully completed for the leading companies in the property management industry. This includes extensive work with AIMCO in Florida and California, Arnel Management Company, Trump International and Pinnacle Property Management.
- Oct 21, 2014: Woodruff Companies Makes Fitness a Top Priority for Residents
- Oct 6, 2014: AvalonBay Showcases Sophisticated Wellness Space In New Fairfax, VA Community
- Oct 1, 2014: Falcon Pacific Situates New Wellness Space in San Francisco’s Next Iconic Residence
- Sep 25, 2014: Caruso Affiliated Brings Wellness Inspired Living to Beverly Hills
- Sep 16, 2014: Irvine Company Integrates Dynamic Wellness Space in Newport Beach, CA
- Sep 9, 2014: Middle Georgia State College Opens Student Wellness and Recreation Center
- Sep 4, 2014: Lewis Apartment Communities Introduces New Recreational-Inspired Wellness Property
- Aug 14, 2014: Inspired Fitness Amenity Found at Broadstone Little Italy
- Aug 8, 2014: WTS International Drives Health and Community for Corporate Financial Giant
- Aug 4, 2014: Sydell Group Opens The Line Hotel Amidst LA’s Cultural Hub
- Jul 22, 2014: Essex Property Trust Strategically Redesigns Residential Fitness Amenity
- Jun 26, 2014: Essex Property & Trust Attracts Fitness-Focused Residents
- Jun 20, 2014: New Norwalk, CT Residential Development Takes the Stress Out of Fitness
- Jun 17, 2014: Prometheus REG Rejuvenates Cupertino Fitness Amenity
- May 28, 2014: BRE®’s Newly Unveiled Sunnyvale Community Presents Stunning Living Space for Gen Y
- May 27, 2014: Stony Brook Commons Competes with Boston’s Top Urban Developments
- May 20, 2014: Wellness Encapsulates Irvine Company’s Santa Clara Gateway Project
- May 15, 2014: AvalonBay Offers Well-Balanced Health Club Experience
- May 7, 2014: AvalonBay Brings Inspiring Live/Work Space to San Francisco
- May 5, 2014: The Shores Marina del Rey Adds a Tech-Spin on the Coastal Community