Advantage Fitness Products Provides Cost-Saving Solutions to AIMCO
ORLANDO, Fla., – June 29, 2009 – Advantage Fitness Products (AFP), a leading provider of full-service fitness facility planning, design, supply and service, recently completed a successful project for one of the nation’s largest owners and operators of apartment communities, the Apartment Investment and Management Company (AIMCO), in Lake Mary, Fl. AIMCO tasked AFP with developing a top-of-the-line fitness center as part of the communities extensive remodeling project for the company’s premier South Florida facility, Sun Lake Apartments. The goal was to provide residents with a truly health club-quality environment to accommodate their day-to-day fitness and exercise needs.
AIMCO recently finished the 600-unit remodel for the Sun Lake Apartment community – the largest apartment community in Lake Mary, Florida. While the property has long provided tenants with a host of amenities, including the area’s largest private recreational lake; a private pier for boating, sailing, fishing and kayaking; outdoor pools, do it yourself grooming parlor for resident’s pets, and tennis and volleyball courts; it did not offer a devoted fitness environment. Therefore, the addition of the state-of-the-art fitness center marked a significant added value for Sun Lake tenants. AFP was tasked with full-scale responsibility of planning, designing and supplying the facility.
“Providing a high-quality fitness environment can pay significant dividends in the multi-dwelling business from several standpoints, including tenant satisfaction, reducing churn and even revenue generation.” said Bryan Green, President and CEO of AFP. “We’re happy to provide a higher quality, yet cost-effective service to AIMCO that will positively affect tenant satisfaction and ultimately, AIMCO’s bottom line.”
Led by Key Account Manager, Carl Spera, AFP set its sights on two critical areas: cost savings solutions for AIMCO, and providing a contemporary, effective and relaxing fitness experience for residents to enjoy. While equipment selection was certainly important to creating a truly state-of-the-art fitness experience, design and layout were key elements in delivering the finished product AIMCO was seeking. AFP went with the industry-leading equipment from Precor and Paramount focusing on versatile equipment that would offer a wider variety of exercise options, while maximizing floor space. The layout plan was highlighted by the strategic placement of cardio equipment to capitalize on the gorgeous and relaxing lakefront view. An array of dumbbells and accessories such as resistance bands and stretching mats provided an added level of versatility to the fitness center. For the finishing touch, AFP focused on hygiene-friendly measures, including proper fitness flooring designed to minimize bacteria, equipment mats and disinfectant handy wipe dispensers.
“I was not only impressed with the quality of equipment supplied by Advantage Fitness Products, but the customer service was exceptional,” said Doug Leonard, AIMCO Sun Lake project manager.
The South Florida Sun Lake Apartments project is the latest in an extensive line-up of apartment community fitness center installations that AFP has successfully completed for the leading companies in the property management industry. This includes extensive work with AIMCO in Florida and California, Arnel Management Company, Trump International and Pinnacle Property Management.
- Oct 11, 2013: AFP Welcomes Danielle Bogaty to its Team as a Director of Business Development
- Aug 16, 2013: CSULB Rec adds exciting new dimension to award winning Wellness Center
- Jul 31, 2013: Avalon Irvine II Enhances the Extensive Lineup of Avalon Bay Communities’ Premiere Properties
- Apr 25, 2013: Alliance Residential’s ICIS Glendale Property Helps Redefine Local Landscape
- Apr 25, 2013: AFP Welcomes Back Michael Severance to its Northeast Management Team
- Apr 16, 2013: AFP Welcomes Peter Gubb to its Northeast Management Team
- Jan 15, 2013: Mega multifamily Shores project set to open Q1. AFP President-CEO Bryan Green featured in Media Q&A
- Nov 27, 2012: AFP participates in its 3rd collaborative design and refitting of prized mid-city property
- Oct 2, 2012: Mesa Partners unveils eco-savvy & LEED Certified student focused housing with The LOOP
- Sep 10, 2012: AFP assists the Boston Harbor Hotel with a fitness refresh at the award winning Spa at Rowes Wharf
- Aug 1, 2012: Hotel Nikko Completes Refresh of All Fitness Facility Equipment
- Jul 20, 2012: Hilton Los Cabos upgrades its award winning Spa & Fitness amenity
- Jun 23, 2012: AFP Educational Series – Spotlight on Kinesis
- Apr 2, 2012: Marquis Coeur d’Alene Resort Undergoes Substantial Renovation to the Delight of Guests
- Mar 8, 2012: Technogym® and Advantage Fitness Products® Announce Strategic Partnership
- Feb 22, 2012: AFP Expands its Presence in New England with Fitness Industry Veteran Mike Benoit
- Jan 26, 2012: California State University, Northridge announces the opening of its new Student Recreation Center
- Oct 19, 2011: The Marriott Corporation unveils the newly renovated flagship property, the Long Beach Marriott
- Aug 31, 2011: CSULB Student Recreation and Wellness Center Anniversary
- Jul 27, 2011: Merage JCC Fitness Center, The Village @ Irvine Spectrum, & Park Newport are Best of Orange County